The MISF Associate Membership is available to individuals affiliated with Private and/or Independent (nonpublic) School Associations. These organizations include local, state, and regional associations, entities, agencies, accrediting institutions, and/or “coordinating bodies” that support private and independent (nonpublic) schools. Examples include: Catholic Dioceses, Associations of the Lutheran Church (LCMS; WELS), Seventh-day Adventists, Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA), Association of Christian Schools Int’l (ACSI), and Minnesota Association of Independent Schools (MAIS), among others. The organizations must be defined as a not-for-profit organization under Section 501(c) (3) of the IRS and exist for charitable purposes.
Member benefits for this membership level are restricted to the specific individual within the organization who applies for and pays the individual membership fee. The membership may be transferred to another individual within the organization with prior approval from MISF.
The Associate Membership would provide a further benefit to MISF should these associate members promote MISF to schools within their organizations and recruit the schools to join MISF’s official membership network.
The MISF Associate Membership is available to individuals affiliated with private and/or independent (nonpublic) school associations. These individuals will be given membership status in MISF based on the requirements below being met by the organization/association the individual is affiliated with:
- In operation for at least one (1) year
- 501(c)(3) status from IRS
- Private and/or Independent (Nonpublic) School Association
Benefits And Offerings
The individual member affiliated with the organization will have access to these specific benefits:
- Opportunities to participate in MISF conferences and events at member pricing
- Access to MISF’s Member-Only website
- Use of the MISF logo on all materials (print and electronic)
Dues And Membership Policies
Memberships renew annually. The membership year is July 1 to June 30.
$250 per individual.
- New associate member annual dues are payable 30 days from the invoice date
- Invoices more than 60 days outstanding from the date of original billing will result in temporary suspension of member benefits
- New associate members will be invoiced annually as outlined under Renewal Membership.
- One annual billing cycle
- Invoices are dated July 1 with a 30-day payment term
- Invoices more than 60 days outstanding from the date of the original billing will result in temporary suspension of member benefits.
A member may terminate its membership at any time by giving written notice (electronic or U.S. mail) to the President or Director of Membership at MISF. Such termination shall be effective on the date it is received, or the date specified in the termination notification, whichever is later. Annual membership fees are nonrefundable.
Thank you for reviewing our membership offerings. If you would like to sign up for an Associate Membership, please follow the link below.